"As an attorney and prosecutor, I have spent my entire career devoted to the laws of the State of Mississippi. As your Circuit Court Judge, I will show no partiality for special interest groups, political parties or personal opinions"
Experience that MATTERS!
- Holmes Sturgeon has served 7 terms as Wilkinson County Prosecutor since 1989
- General Practictioner since 1989 with almost 30 years courtroom experience representing clients throughout the state in:
- Circuit Court
- Chancery Court
- City Court, Justice Court & County Court
- Mississippi Court of Appeals
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Licensed to practice law in Mississippi, United States District Courts of Southern & Northern Mississippi & the United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Former President of the Adams County Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Wilkinson County Bar Association
- Mississippi Prosecutors Association
Holmes Sturgeon has practiced in almost every field of law found in the state of Mississippi and is particulary familiar with Circuit Court practice. He is very knowledgeable regarding the court procedures and rules that make trials run smoothly and efficiently.
His decision to run for Circuit Court Judge comes from a desire to use his many years of legal experience in a new and challenging way to help the people of Southwest Mississippi . His love for his community and serving people is what motivates him. His extensive legal knowledge, courtroom experience and natural people skills makes him the right choice for Circuit Court Judge. Holmes Sturgeon considers the opportunity to serve as a Circuit Court Judge for District 6 a tremendous honor and he is committed to fullfilling this opportunity firmly upholding and enforcing the laws of the state of Mississippi, both civilly and criminally as your Circuit Judge.